Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Fondant

     I made butter cream flavored fondant from scratch today!  It was hard work kneading out the icing to form a perfect consistency.  It has a great flavor, which was my main goal.  Fondant can look so amazing on cakes, and then I find the flavor to be disappointing.  So, my aim to create a great flavored fondant worked. 
     I have yet to roll out the icing and decorate a cake with it.  I am looking forward to seeing what happens and if I can get just the look for a cake I hope to create with the fondant icing.  My 1.5 year old son decided he would help me and poured out the expensive bottle of butter flavoring all over the kitchen table.  I just kept a smile on my face and gave him a different project.  Glad I had already used the 2.5 tsp. needed for the recipe so I did not have to head to the store at the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment