Monday, March 18, 2013

March Fondant Icing Enjoyment!

Although it is still the middle of winter and spring wants to come, it gives me reason to bake and experiment with the cold weather keeping me indoors with the children.  I baked a lovely Madeira cake, created into free-hand horse design, buttercream icing, fondant icing, strawberry preserve filling! I decorated with dark chocolate creations, a colored fondant bridal and curly ribbon for a mane!  It turned out fabulously! 

I then created an igloo with 11 penguins and 1 snowman out of fondant icing.  Again I baked the dense, moist, delicious Madeira cake!  It was a hit for the 11 children that came to my son's 2nd Birthday party!   Each taking home a penguin with them.   

1 comment:

  1. Ruthie!!! I love your beautiful, creative cakes. What fun. You will definitely be making some cakes for my kiddies some day!

    ReplyDelete